Titan Jackpot Sit N Goes Give You A Chance To Win $50k+
This Overview Will Show You Where And How.
Update: I have just added a new strategy guide to this article, covering how to adjust your thinking when demands of the Jackpot and Prize Pool clash, how to adapt to recreational players and how the money pressure might make itself felt. You'll find this underneath the practical guide.
Titan Poker have already paid out millions of dollars in prizes for their Jackpot SNG tournaments – prizes ranging from $2k up to $50k + progressives for those players who win 6 in a row at various buy-in levels. Small and mid-stakes players are claiming these huge jackpots every week - and you can easily become be the next winner! There are actually 5 different kinds of Titan Poker Jackpot Sit N Go Tournaments – this article will look at each in turn - after giving you an overview of how they work and why Titan is the key site for playing these games.
With these jackpot sit n go games a big favorite among recreational players, those readers with a little poker strategy knowledge should find them very profitable indeed...
How Do The Titan / iPoker Jackpot SNGs Work?
The idea is simple - yet effective. Win between 4 and 6 SNGs in a row (depending on which type you choose) and you are awarded the jackpot - from $2k up to $50k, or even more if this is not won for several weeks! There is also a consolation prize for finishing in the top 2 on 6 consecutive SNGs. The jackpot is built up from extra fees charged on top of the usual 10% SNG rake – again this is detailed in the individual game summaries below.
Note: SNG Planet readers can claim $20 free cash to check these out with a first deposit of $30+ (you'll also get a 200% matched welcome bonus on that same deposit) just use bonus code SNGPLANET - I'll ensure the cash is with you within 48 hours! Click Here To Check Out TitanPoker.com now!
Is The Chance Of A Jackpot Win Worth The Extra Fee?
This is a clear yes. One of the key reasons is the large number of recreational / inexperienced players that the Jackpot Sit N Goes attract. The softer level of opposition alone should mean that the extra fee is balanced by your increased profits – especially after reading our comprehensive SNG Strategy guide section here at Sit And Go Planet.
And Titan Poker In General… Worth A Look?
A big YES! Titan are the leading site on a network of poker rooms called the iPoker Network… they are currently the world's 2nd largest poker site. With an expanding international base and some huge promotions Titan have a constant stream of new players – making their tables the most profitable destination around.
Put it this way, any experienced and / or smart poker player should be able to rake in the $$ from Titan Poker – use our exclusive bonus code SNGPLANET for an improved 200% up to $2000 sign-up bonus and $20 in free cash (I'll ensure the cash gets paid directly to your account within 48 hours, min deposit $30+ for this extra cash!).
4-Types Of Jackpot SNG Games
Titan Jackpot Sit N Goes - The ‘Dirty Dozen’ Jackpot SNG
The smallest available buy-in Jackpot SNG is actually for a 2-table game. The Dirty Dozen starts with 12 players and has an entry fee of $2 + 40c (so, 20c higher than the non-jackpot equivalent). Winning 4 of the Dirty Dozen Jackpot SNGs in a row will net you a welcome $2000 bonus. This is in addition to the standard payout structure which pays the top 4 spots.
Titan Jackpot Sit N Goes - The ‘Maui’ Jackpot SNG
Next we have the Maui Jackpot SNG, this is a 10-handed single table tournament with a $5+$1 entry (50c more than the non-jackpot equivalent). Anyone winning five Maui 1-table tournaments in a row will in a huge $15,000 jackpot. What is more this amount grows each week until won – as a consolation prize coming in the first 2 places in 5 consecutive tournaments will net you a $200 bonus.
Titan Jackpot Sit N Goes - The ‘Rio’ Jackpot SNG
Rio is another 6-handed Jackpot SNG, this time just a single table. The entry fee is $20+$3.50c which is an increase of $1.50c over the non-jackpot equivalent. Winning 6 in a row will award the progressive jackpot which starts at a huge $25,000! Again there is a consolation price for 6 top 2 finishes – this time $300. Three places of the 6 are paid in these tournaments from the standard prize pool.
Titan Jackpot Sit N Goes - The ‘Fort Knox’ Jackpot SNG
The largest prize pool of the Jackpot SNGs at Titan Poker is for the 6-handed Fort-Knox games. These have an entry fee of $50+$9 ($4 more than the non-jackpot equivalent), pay 3 places of the 6 and give players the chance to net $50,000 by winning six in a row. This jackpot is progressive and is increased on a weekly basis when not won. The top 2 six times in a row consolation prize is a generous $750.
Titan Poker Screenshots - Click To Enlarge
The SNG Planet Verdict: Are Titan Jackpot SNGs Worth The Extra Rake?
On one hand I believe that the industry standard SNG fees of 10% are already far too high. However, the Jackpot games do attract many ‘gamblers’ with very little strategy knowledge – giving players who understand SNG dynamics a significant and profitable edge. My opinion is that this extra profitability makes paying the extra worthwhile – when you then add in the chance of winning $2,000 up to $50,000 for playing your regular games, the Titan Jackpot SNGs are far too good an offer to pass up.
Add to this the improved 200% to $2000 Bonus with $20 in additional free cash (I will ensure this reaches your account within 48 hours, min deposit $30) with bonus code SNGPLANET and you have a very profitable combination indeed. Click now to visit the awesome Titan Poker today!
Strategy For iPoker Jackpot Sit N Go Tournaments
Instead of reproducing my detailed Sit n Go Strategy guide here, I have focused on the differences with the Jackpot games. You are going to have to adjust for a few things:
- Opponents who do not know much about poker strategy, let alone the details of Sit N Go Bubble Math.
- The earlier bubble, with more people paid than in a standard game, the bubble math gets twisted a little! At the same time, your aim is to win, where in most 1-table tournaments you simply need to keep making ‘good’ decisions…
- Pressure – You could find yourself just a few players away from $15k or even $50k, you would not be human if you did not feel some pressure at this point.
iPoker Jackpot Sit N Go Strategy – Novice Opponents
This is particularly relevant for the Dirty Dozen and Maui level games – though you will find new players in the Rio and Fort Knox games too.
The key here is to understand that new players are going to play too many hands, overvalue one pair hands, make bad bets and calls and generally play in a way that seems quite frustrating to those of you with poker strategy knowledge.
You need to get it into your head that it is up to you to adjust.
It is not going to help you to complain in the chat box afterwards, you need to play the players who are there here and now, and that means making some adjustments of your own. Here are some to start with:
- Take stabs at pots by all means, but stop trying to push bad players out of pots when you have air. You are not ‘representing’ anything if your opponent is too inexperienced to know what your bet means.
- Value bet with lesser hand values than in a normal Sit N Go, you’ll get paid off more often.
- Bet more when you are strong, remember that new players are just as likely to call a pot size bet as a half pot.
- Note the slowplayers, those who limp aces and those who overvalue ace-rag – or play any two suited. If nothing else you will know that when these players raise, they do not have hands at the very top of their range.
I’m sure you get the idea, once you tune in to the game you will start to notices ‘better’ players raising to isolate the newer guys – this can give you opportunities to trap both of them for a big pot!
Jackpot Sit N Go Strategy – Early Bubble
Two things to note here. The first is just math, you need to recalculate the ICM for 4 playing places instead of 3. With a 5 player bubble there are always more opportunities for your opponents to go to war and gift you some prize pool equity.
Second is your desire to go for the win.
In a standard Sit N Go, the correct choice of action is the one which maximizes your prize pool equity (with very few exceptions, like players all-in next big blind). In these games you are trying to chalk up wins, as well as keeping your bankroll growing. This presents a dilemma which should take account of your personal attitude to risk and reward, as well as the prize pool equity. Your decision of how much long-term prize pool equity you give up in exchange for better chance of winning each game is your own. Here are my thoughts:
- Make your decisions based on ICM for the first 2 (Dirty Dozen or Maui) or 3 (Rio/ Fort Knox) games. You are maximizing your bankroll this way and will win your fair share against the weaker opposition in these games.
- After this you need to start ‘taking shots’ by playing more aggressively than the ICM math would indicate, you are giving up some profit here, how much you give up depends on how close you are to the jackpot. The closer you get the more you need to think about chip ev instead of prize pool equity. For example if taking a small negative prize pool equity shot would give you a significantly better chance of taking 1st place then this would be my choice. For example, if you are giving up a $5 'edge' (according to ICM) to give yourself a few percent bigger chance of winning that $2000 jackpot, then your decision is a good one. My personal choice is to choose with more aggressive shoves, after all, if you call then you are guaranteed a showdown - at least a shove has a reward all those times your opponents fold too.
- This is a rough guideline, and I urge readers to think carefully about their own approach here. My thinking is that there is nothing worse then 'making the money' with 5 big blinds left against 3 bigger stacks when you need the win to continue your run!
Jackpot Sit N Go Strategy – Money Pressure
Be honest with yourself, when you sit down for that 5th or 6th game and are looking at a big jackpot ahead, it is going to be hard to keep your emotions from getting the better of you. Positive and aggressive poker is the key, and you are going to have to find a way to overcome any fears.
I like to speak the reasons for my actions out loud when the pressure hits. Simply admitting that I am feeling pressure from the money (usually in the later stages of multi-table tournaments) helps me to focus. You’ll need to find you own way to handle this, while keeping your eyes on the goal of that big Jackpot win!
Jackpot Sit n Goes At Titan Poker – Final Thoughts
Remember that you'll need to claim your win by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your player Id, you can keep a note of the starting tournament id and subsequent Ids to make things easier for them. You can also claim runner-up prizes for the top 2 spots in each game.
These are entertaining games, so make sure you have some fun along the way. Those jackpots are being won each and every week, and there is absolutely no reason why (with a little dedication) the next winner could not be you!
Remember to claim your $20 free cash + 200% matched welcome bonus with bonus code SNGPLANET while you check out the amazing Jackpot Sit N Goes at TitanPoker.com!
Bonus Code = SNGPLANET