The 2012 PCA Looks Awesome - Schedule, Info And Satellites Covered In This Article !
By Planet Mark
** Free PCA Qualifier Tokens Update! ** Great news, Pokerstars are ending 2012 with a huge give-away of $16k PCA Packages - and giving both new and existing players an opportunity to claim a $10 entry token to their big Sunday qualifiers - with 10 places given away each Sunday! Here is how to claim your token:
New Players: Make your first deposit with bonus code PCA600, this is a combination, you will get the usual 100% matched welcome bonus (max $600) + a free $10 entry to one of the Sunday qualifiers. If you have not yet registered an account, please also choose 'Marketing Code' from the drop-down list and enter PSP3108 into the new box which then appears! Click here for full details at Pokerstars.com
Existing Players: You can claim your $10 tournament token with a reload of $50+ using bonus code PCA10. If you play regularly then this is a 'no brainer' freeby - with the chance of a week in paradise!
Alright, thats the good news over with - the original article on how to qualify is below!
Bahamas in January already sounds great, you just wait for those long winter months, and you’ll be dreaming of the poker tournament in paradise! Part of the EPT, this annual event is hugely popular and features multi-million dollar prize pools. What is more, you can qualify for your $15,000 package now – and starting at just 5 frequent player points or a few dollars buy-in!
The PCA has grown from 1 main event + a few side events to a multi-event online festival - with events covering all the popular poker variations and buyins from $300 through to the $100k high-roller games. I 'll include highlights of the schedule below as well as satellite information, you can get the full details via Pokerstars.com.
Pokerstars Caribbean Adventure - Highlights Of The 2012 PCA Schedule
This is a really busy schedule - below is the list without the live satellites and invitation only / community-specific events. I have highlighted the championship events... several of them go over 3+ days too.
- 5th Jan – NL Holdem Super High Roller - $100k Entry
- 7th Jan – Main Event Day 1A, $10,300
- 7th Jan – PLO Turbo $5,200
- 8th Jan – Main Event Day 1B
- 8th Jan – NL Holdem (Turbo), $5,200
- 8th Jan – NL Holdem (Survivor) $1,100
- 8th Jan – PLO8 (Turbo) $300
- 9th Jan – Main Event Day 2
- 9th Jan – NL Holdem Day 1, $5,200
- 9th Jan – H.O.E Day 1, $1,100
- 9th Jan – NL Holdem (win the button!), $1,100
- 9th Jan – PLO Turbo, $300
- 10th Jan – Main Event Day 3
- 10th Jan – PLO Championship, $5,250
- 10th Jan – Omaha/8 – Stud/8 Day 1, $1,100
- 10th Jan – NL Holdem (Survivor), $1,100
- 10th Jan – NL Holdem (Turbo) $300
- 11th Jan – Main Event Day 4 (play down to 24 players)
- 11th Jan – 8 Game Championship, Day 1, $5,250
- 11th Jan – 6-Max, 6-Pack (Mixed) $1,100
- 11th Jan – NL Holdem (Ante Up) $1,100
- 11th Jan – NL Holdem (Bounty) $400
- 12th Jan – Main Event Day 5 (Play Down To 8 Players)
- 12th Jan – NL Holdem, $1,100
- 12th Jan – NL Holdem High Roller, Day 1, $25,500
- 12th Jan – PLO Day 1, $1,100
- 12th Jan – NL Holdem (Turbo), $2,150
- 12th Jan – NL Holdem (Turbo Bounty) $400
- 13th Jan – Main Event Final Table!
- 13th Jan – NL Holdem Bounty Day 1, $2,150
- 13th Jan – Heads Up Championship, Day 1, $5,250
- 13th Jan – NL Holdem Womens Event, Day 1, $1,100
- 13th Jan – NLH / PLO Dealers Choice, Day 1, $1,100
- 14th Jan – PCA Battleship – Main Event, $2,100
- 14th Jan – Turbo Version Of Main Event, $300
- 14th Jan – NL Holdem Turbo, 6-max, High Roller, $10,200
PCA 2012 Satellite Qualifiers At Pokerstars.com
Pokerstars Caribbean Adventure – The Mega Path
Pokerstars have put in place what they call a ‘Mega Path’ this year which will allow as many players on smaller and mid-sized bankrolls to qualify as possible. The path contains 9 separate stages and you buy-in to each with your frequent player points. These start at 5 points, then 200, then 500 and 1500, 4000, 12,000, 36,000, 107,000 and the final round for 321,000 FPPs. There are turbo and hyper turbo versions of each tournament – with the number of places in the next level dependent on the points collected in the prize pool.
For those who do not have the time (or patience!) to go through the whole path, it will be possible to buy in at any stage you wish using the points you quickly accumulate playing cash games and tournaments. We should note that you can not ‘cash out’ your points once you have started the path… you are in for the duration!
Click Now To Play At Pokerstars And Win Your Seat At The 2012 PCA!
Use Marketing Code PSP3108 To Claim Your 100% First Deposit Bonus
PCA Qualifiers - Steps SNG Tournaments
Great for those of us who do not have the time (or patience!) for the larger multi-table tournament qualifiers. There are 6 tiers of these SNGs, starting with a $7,50c buy-in. Finishing in the top 2 places gives you entry to the next level up, and 3rd / 4th gives a runner up prize of a try again or smaller cash win depending on the level. Your objective is to get to Step 6 ($2,100 buy-in) where a $15k PCA package awaits the winner.
PCA Qualifiers - Multi-Table Tournaments
These are the 'bread and butter' of satellites to the Pokerstars Caribbean adventure, there are always several teirs of buy-in - starting with sub qualifiers for around $3. These lead to mid-buy-in events or the direct qualifiers which cost from $215 to $1050, guaranteeing one or more packages. As an alternative you can try the 'triple turbo' qualifiers which are crazy rebuy events at around $33 buy-in, the blinds escalate fast and you'll need to be both aggressive and lucky to stay ahead of them. That said it is potentially viable to win a package for $100 or less this way!
To see the full list of qualifiers choose 'Events' from the top tier of tabs on the Pokerstars lobby then 'PCA' from the 2nd tier - remember that weekends closer to the event are when the games get both busy and soft!
Pokerstars Caribbean Adventure – Next Steps
PCA is held at the famous Atlantis Resort and Casino complex, total luxury… not only the usual 5 star features, but some great extras too – including an underwater restaurant. You’ll get to run shoulders with the pros and 100’s of other qualifiers, and who knows – you might even end up on the televised feature table and take home a prize like the $2.2 million won last year!
Get started now, Pokerstars are the world’s most popular poker site for many good reasons, and look after all of their players exceptionally well. You can also claim a 100% matched bonus on your 3 deposits (within 90 days and to a total of $600 max), simply use Marketing Code PSP3108 when you sign up, at the biggest and best poker site – Pokerstars.com